Barefoot Raindrop Therapy
A personalized choice of high potency, therapeutic grade essential oils that are mixed with a dosha-specific carrier oil to target your specific concerns and massaged into your spine and feet.
15 min / $30
Cupping has been practiced for centuries by cultures worldwide. Very popular and effective for areas feel are "stuck", cupping lifts the tissue and sucks out the underlying toxins to result in less pain and increased blood flow.
Please be aware that cupping leaves bruises, though most people report no pain or discomfort after session is over. Typical healing time is between 5 and 14 days. The Barefoot Healer uses special herbs to speed the healing process and has seen healing times increased to about 2-10 days.
- Calms the nervous system
- Decreases pain
- Decreases cellulite
- Decreases anxiety, headaches, migraines
- Increases blood flow
- Detoxification, especially of local area
- Improves range of motion
15 min / $20
The original lymphatic massage that uses raw silk gloves. More effective than dry brushing, garshana moves lymph even more than exercising. This is outstanding, as stagnant lymph is the number one contributor to any disease.
The gloves will go home with you so that you can continue the practice.
- Clear lymphatic pathways
- Decreases pain
- Increases circulation
- Calm the central nervous system
- Exfoliates dead skin cells
- Greatly assists in weight loss
30 min / $65
45 min / $85
60 min / $105
Drops of warmed herbalized oil are placed in each ear. This can be a deeply relaxing treatment that quiets your mind and nurtures your soul.
No water should enter your ears for 24 hours following treatment.
- Liquefies earwax
- Promotes toxins and debris to exit the ear canal
- Lubricates the ear canal to hydrate and decrease dryness
- Deeply relaxing, calms the entire nervous system
- Reduces anxiety and worry
- Helps alleviate ringing in ears, headaches, earaches and pains, giddiness
- Alleviates jet-lag
15 min / $20
Ocean Hot Stone
I brought the healing power of the Atlantic Ocean back to Albany. Handpicked from the beaches of Rhode Island, these stones have exceptional qualities. Experience an Abhyanga massage with ocean stones that have a unique texture, allowing them to grip to your tissue to create a deeper pull than the traditional basalt stones.
- Warm up from the cold winter and autumn air
- Increased blood flow to areas that are in pain
- Quickly and gently decreases muscle spasms and tension
- Sedative effect of the nervous system – very deeply relaxing
- Imparts the energy of the cleansing ocean waves
- All of the benefits of an Abhyanga Massage
- All of the benefits of Energy Balancing
- Incredibly grounding and calming
30 min / $50
45 min / $70
60 min / $90
Sometimes we just need drumming to release the old and allow space for the new.
Boluses (bags) of herbs are crafted to balance your specific doshas, then heated to the perfect temperature and used to drum out the pains.
It is effective when done by itself, as well as being an excellent addition to your regular massage appointment. It can be used as part of a cleansing program when received 3 to 4 times during a seven-day period, or as stress management - up to 1 month apart.
- Greatly increases circulation
- Alleviates deep pains
- Induces sweat in order to release toxins
- Stimulating, yet deeply relaxing
- Works on the metaphysical level to reset physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual blueprints
- Quickly balances doshas
- Alleviates blockages of srotas, meridians, and chakras
30 min / $55
45 min / $75
60 min / $95
An ancient Sanskrit word, Shirodhara translates to “the flowing of oil like a thread over the head”.
Anointing the head with warm herbal infused oil rejuvenates both the mind and the body’s senses, thereby allowing the body’s natural healing mechanisms to release stress from the nervous system. It enlivens the “mind” or innate intelligence that lives in every cell in our body.
Shirodhara provides great mental relaxation and helps relieve insomnia, fatigue, depression, anxiety, overthinking, anger, chronic headaches, rheumatism, hypertension, asthma, hair problems (thinning, loss, premature graying) and general tension and stress.
It is one of the only therapies that assists in raising consciousness, allowing for spiritual and cellular activation within the physiology. These spiritual heights can also be reached during deep meditation.
Shirodhara can be done with oils or milks (almond, rice, coconut, hemp, or cow), and are infused with herbs that support, calm, and nourish the nervous system. It is effective when done by itself, as well as being an excellent addition to your regular massage appointment. It can be used as part of a cleansing program when received 3 to 4 times during a seven-day period, or as stress management - up to 1 month apart.
You will leave with enough oil to do self-abhyanga for a long time.
- Creates ecstatic feelings of relaxation and pleasure similar to deep meditation
- Helps overcome stress and its ill effects on nervous system
- Opens and balances the pituitary gland (third eye) - stimulates the nervous system by releasing neuro-hormones
- Increases intuition and spiritual awareness
- Stimulates cognitive memories
- Invigorates the body and mind
- Disperses negative electrical impulses that accumulate at the skull and hairline from stress
- Rejuvenates the entire face and softens worry lines
- Heightens the senses
- Regulates mood and depression disorders
- Regulates breathing patterns by stimulating the 6th & 7th chakras
30 min / $60
Sweat out the toxins, boost immunity, get loose muscles fast. Followed with a hot towel cleaning.
30 min / $40
Add face, head and neck massage $35
Vedic Herbal Body & Face Mask (Udvartana)
Skin is our largest organ. It protects our inner environments from being invaded by pathogens. It regulates our body temperature. It is our sensory organ that informs us about the muscular length and tension, pain, temperature (external and internal) and joint positions.
Sometimes we need to shed some skin, kick some toxins, and re-energize.
Udvartana is a refreshing therapeutic body and face treatment that is used to remove toxins from the body and increase your body’s natural healing capabilities. An herbal paste (or relaxing herbal dry rub) is created for your specific and unique needs. The application offers many benefits that encourage balance and self-healing. This ancient Ayurvedic treatment is both relaxing and invigorating, and cultivates and supports all aspects of your being-mind, body, and spirit.
- Improves lymph system and circulation
- Clears toxins to shrink fat cells and reduce cellulite
- Tightens skin from weight loss
- Reduces skin irritations
- Reduces excessive perspiration and alleviates offensive smells from body
- Enhances beautiful complexion and helps the body to age gracefully
- Relieves fatigue, feelings of heaviness, stiffness, and inflammation
60 min / $85
75 min / $105
just face / $10
Additional Massage Time
Get the timing just right for what your body needs.
15 min / $20
30 min / $40
45 min / $60
60 min / $80